Your personal information allows us to provide the products and services you have asked for, as well as enabling us to improve those products and services by understanding your interests and preferences. By understanding what you like (and what you don’t) we are able to personalise your experience, show relevant adverts and improve your stay.
Who we are
Hoteles Garcilaso (“we”, “our”, “us”) is the data controller when you provide information to any of our brands.
What information do we collect?
When you interact with our products and services, for example when browsing our website or booking a hotel room, we collect information about you and that particular interaction. Generally, this may include your personal data which means personal details from which you can be identified or are identifiable, for example:
- Contact information, and preferences
- Information about your use of our hotels, and other services when you stay with us
- Images of you in areas of our hotels covered by CCTV
- Information about anyone you’re travelling with or meeting, if that information is provided to us and
- Information about the devices you use to interact with us.
Where you provide us with sensitive details, for example in relation to requirements you may have regarding accessibility to our hotels, we will only hold this information with your express permission. This information is stored securely with restricted access and handled the greatest respect for your privacy.
Where you provide information to us about other people, you need to make sure you have their permission to do so or that you can speak on their behalf, for example, in the case of children.
When and how we collect your information
We collect information you provide to us directly and indirectly when interacting with our products and services, including when you stay with us. This may include when you:
- Book a room online, over email or on the phone
- Create, use or manage an online account
- Visit our website or use our apps
- Fill out our online forms or registration cards
- Visit our hotels or use our hotel services, like room service or gym and spa facilities
- Access hotel internet
- Use our restaurants
- Use social media login functionality
- Interact with us in online forums, by email, text, telephone, or on social media
- Post reviews of your stay or interaction with us
- Complete our market research/customer surveys and
- Enter competitions or promotions.
Legal basis for using your information
All organisations need a legal reason to use your personal information, if they don’t have one, they can’t use it. There are a number of legal grounds that enable data processing. It’s quite complicated but below are the most relevant grounds you should be aware of.
With your consent
There are some activities where we process personal information with your consent, for example, where we want to send you marketing messages by email, we would ask your permission first and you could opt-out at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link on the email or updating your account preferences. We will indicate in the Policy where we rely on consent.